Starring Lineup Overview:
- Jerrod Dyson: 2006 Draft – Round: 50; Too high SO rate last yr, needs to bring down or Guillermo Heredia: Not drafted; You can only play him against Lefties.
- Bryan Reynolds: 2016 Draft – Round: 2, Pick: 18; His BA and SLG should drop down to normal rate unless he really progresses in this short season.
- Gregory Polanco: It may be fairly easy for Polanco to bounce back to his 2018 seasonal type numbers.
- Josh Bell: 2011 June Draft – Round: 2, Pick: 1: We’ll hope he gets hot and stays that way, as he’s way out of his usual numbers. Drop down possible.
- Adam Frazier: 2013 June Draft – Round: 6, Pick: 13: The Lefty has average numbers all around.
- Colin Moran: 2013 June Draft – Round: 1, Pick: 6 , Another league average hitter which is fine.
- Kevin Newman: 2015 June Amateur Draft – Round: 1, Pick: 19, Can get on base and steal so use vs. righties. Should be up more in order.
- Stalling, Maile, or Murphy splitting time. This lefty can get some SO’s at a low price kind of similar to Archer.
Universal DH: Unknown at this time.
Trevor Williams RHP: 2013 June Draft – Round: 2, Pick: 5; If they can get towards max hitting out of their to 5 hitters which is possible Trevor will get you an above average win % for points, DFS, and if he can get back to his 2018 stats he would be a solid option.
Chris Archer RHP: 2006 June Draft – Round: 5, Pick: 25; A high upside SO pitcher who can be taken as a contrarian perhaps on larger slates for that. Gives up too many walks.
Joe Musgrove RHP: 2011 June Draft – Round: CAs, Pick: 13, Overall: 46Decent pitcher but susceptible to Lefties giving up .334 wOBA against.
Mitch Keller RHP: 2014 June Draft – Round: 2, Pick: 23; Went well over 1 IP/SO rate getting 12 K/9. Hot prospect now and upside for DFS. 95 mph high end prospect fastball thrower better vs righties by about an earned run so there’s a spot to attack with lefties.
Steven Brault LHP: 2013 June Draft – Round: 11, Pick: 23 Not really a DFS or Points league option.
Keone Kela: Closer with 24 saves 2 yrs ago.
More Starting lineups notes:
- Jerod Dyson Lefty but throws R
30 steals last year unfortunately he can’t get on base with much consistency nearing bottom of league numbers in all categories of batting. Does have an above avg walk rate at 10% avg is 8%. Can play him both vs. lefty and righty.
2. Bryan Reynolds S
.387 BAPIP or batting avg for balls in play. not much of a base stealer but showed good pop with .189 ISO and 16 HR in his rookie yr. Expected BA of .296.
3. Greg Polanco L
Needs the AB’s to back into the swing of being a 20 homer 10 steal a yr guy.
4. Josh Bell S
SlG, Woba Exit Velo and hard contact elite last year. What worries me is if he’s a Jesus Agular. Bell fell badly in the 2nd half of season.
5. Colin Moran L
Improved his batting numbers except declined in OBP. Maintains .277 AVG. line drive rate of about 25%.
6. Kevin Newman R
OBP of .353 resulting in .800 OPS despite lack of power. 16 stolen bases. BA .308
7. Adam Frazier
Played a lot with 608 PA, average hitter in all respects. no upside.
8. Stallings, not a good player, no power spent too much time in minors now 30 yr old.
Gerrimo Herredia R
was batting 1st in LU for Rays in 10 games last yr. mostly bottom of order but Good hitter vs. lefties only.